"It's been a long time since we shared any healthy eating tips or recipes with you guys! As a mom of 2 very littles it's been hard enough for me to get something healthy on the table, let alone take blog worthy documentation of the process! I'm excited to share with you that our intern, Brittany Pearson, and Coach Ari are going to work together to create weekly content that inspires healthy eating. That, my friends, is the beauty of delegating! Enjoy!"
-- Coach Lauren
Veggie Spaghetti with Chicken Thighs
Yields about 4 servings
- Spaghetti squash
- Bell pepper
*or other desired vegetables
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Avocado (added at meal for healthy fat)
- Desired seasonings (such as salt, pepper, basil, parsley, garlic & oregano)
- Avocado oil (or other healthy oil)
- Chicken thighs
- Seasoning (such as mesquite chicken seasoning)
*or other desired protein. I used chicken thighs to spice up the life.
1. Chop all vegetables into bite size pieces
2. Cut Spaghetti squash in half. De-gut the squash. Poke holes with a fork. Spray with desired oil (I used avocado oil). And season as desired (I used salt, pepper, basil, parsley, garlic, and oregano - for a spaghetti/Italian cuisine feel)
3. Place all vegetables on a cooking sheet. Spray/oil and season the rest of vegetables as desired.
4. Bake in over for 25 minutes at 400. Remove all veggies EXCEPT the spaghetti squash. Bake the spaghetti squash for another 20 minutes until the squash noodles pull apart easily (should be a vibrant yellow).
5. Mix together all of the veggies with the spaghetti squash noodles.
6. Over a saucepan (or in the microwave if you are in a rush), heat spaghetti sauce and add desired amount to a portion of the veggie spaghetti.
7. Add in your desired protein!
Baked Chicken Thighs
1. Pat dry each chicken thigh and remove as much fat as possible while keeping the skin on.
2. Place each chicken thigh on a cooking sheet.
3. Spray an oil spray (I used avocado oil) over the thighs and season as desired (I used mesquite chicken seasoning).
4. Pop in the oven for about 30-35 minutes at 425
*Internal temp of chicken should be 180-185
6. Serve those crispy thighs after 5 minutes of resting or store in a container to add to a meal prep.
Tell us: Have you tried spaghetti squash noodles before? What other noodle alternatives do you like?