Salmon Nourish Bowl
cook temp: 350°
cook time: 40 min
- brown rice
- Arugula/spinach (or other desired greens)
- Sweet potato
- Lime (or lemon)
- Avocado oil (or other desired oil)
- Other desired seasonings (I used cinnamon, salt, pepper, garlic, & parsley)
Optional: Vegan Pesto & pair with a side of fruit
- Bring 2 cups water to boil then add 1 cup brown rice and leave on simmer for 35-40 minutes (until water is absorbed)
- Set oven to 350°
- Chop up sweet potato, zucchini, and asparagus
- Lightly oil all the veggies and place on a baking sheet.
- Season zucchini & asparagus with salt pepper and garlic; season sweet potatoes with cinnamon and a little salt
- Pop in the oven for approximately 40 minutes
- In a Pyrex dish, place salmon in with light oil. Season with above seasonings and lime juice. Top with a lime slice
- Pop in the oven for last 20 minutes of veggie roasting
Bonus hack: The above steps could be done ahead of time as "meal prep!"
Make your bowl!
- brown rice
- Sweet potato, zucchini, and asparagus
- 4oz of salmon on the top
- And add a little of the Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto to add a pesto flavor to it!
- Pair with a bowl of fruit and enjoy!
Did you know? Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids DHA & EPA, which are "essential" fats because your body can't create them. EPA and DHA have been credited with several health benefits, such as decreasing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, reducing the risk of cancer and improving the function of the cells that line your arteries. Consuming at least two servings of salmon per week can help meet your omega-3 fatty acid needs. (Source)